Pages

Welcome!

The Good-Win! Sports Blog was created to cover local sports as well as to give a new and unique view on today's sports world. If you read something that you thought was interesting, share it on Facebook, Twitter, or another website so that someone else can read it too. Thanks for reading!



Tuesday, April 3, 2012

One on One: An interview with Josh Gray

Josh Gray is a MSU signee, who is asking for a release of his letter of intent. Josh attends school at Phillis Wheatly High School in Houston, Texas.

Good-Win! Sports Blog-
First off Josh, thank you for taking some time to be interviewed. My first question: What makes your game so much different and sets you apart from competition?
Josh Gray-
Because I'm dangerous!! I'm kinda hard to guard because if you guard me up close, I'm to fast, quick, & explosive I'll blow right past you and if you step back I can knock down the jumper from anywhere on the court...So how can you guard that?

G-W!SB-
I'll be straight up with you, I couldn't. Great answer. I can't help but notice that great confidence in you. Who instilled that in you?
JG-
My work ethics but I'd be wrong if I took ALL the credit for it. I can honestly say my personal trainer Marcus King & my mentor John Lucas helped me out a lot. They have put & are still putting lots of time in with me to get my game right.

G-W!SB-
John Lucas is one smart man. Can you tell me some about you're relationship with the other signees?
JG-
Don't really know any(one) but big Gavin (Ware) & P.J. (Hardwick).

G-W!SB-
PJ is a great guy from what I can tell. Man, I gotta know. During this entire process at MSU (from being recruited up until this point), can you take me through the highs and lows of being recruited/signing with MSU?
JG-
It's been a rough, long, stressing, fun experience and process!

G-W!SB-
I heard that you talked to Coach Ray. Can I get your honest first impression of him?
JG-
Yes I did ...He's a great guy who has a lot of good things to bring to the table. He loves the game. Give him a year or 2, he'll turn the program around, at least that's what I think.

G-W!SB-
I read the other day, that you were disappointed in the way some Mississippi State fans were acting. If you could tell them anything, what would you say?
JG-
Dear Mississippi state fans,
I hope all of y'all enjoyed the game tonight (national championship game). I just want to take this time out to thank y'all for all the support. Y'all are the best fans ever, and I couldn't ask for any other fans. Throughout my recruiting process with state, it's been kinda rough with me decommiting & recommitting, but y'all still stuck with me & that what makes y'all great. I talked with coach ray last night and from my first impression, he's a great man with alot to bring to the table. Y'all are going to love him. So if I do decide to stay with state, get ready to hop on the unstoppable train. But if I don't, remember coach ray is a great man. He'll take care of MSU with me or without me. Y'all have to understand it was hard for me to take the retirement of coach Rick because I committed myself to him, his staff, & his program and he just up and left. (wow). From a point guard's standpoint, its very important to have a great relationship with a head coach and that's what me & Rick had. It's hard for me to still come to state with a whole new coaching staff that I don't know at all or know anything about. I'm still trying to get to know them, but it seems like I'm running out of time for what I'm trying to do and that's to go to school in July for summer school. Well goodnight everyone, I'm praying & asking god to guide me through this and y'all do the same thing. Follow me on twitter for updates (@ThatsJoshGray), thanks and #hailstate

G-W!SB-
Good stuff man I appreciate you talking to me.
JG-
My pleasure.

__________________________________


  • Thanks again to Josh for taking some time to let me interview him. I wish him the best wherever he plays ball (you should too)

No comments:

Post a Comment