Pages

Welcome!

The Good-Win! Sports Blog was created to cover local sports as well as to give a new and unique view on today's sports world. If you read something that you thought was interesting, share it on Facebook, Twitter, or another website so that someone else can read it too. Thanks for reading!



Monday, April 2, 2012

One on One: An Interview with P.J. Hardwick

P.J. Hardwick is a Mississippi State signee attending school at the Christian Life Center Academy (Miami, FL). Below, he talks with me about his recruiting process, Mississippi State, the former MSU coaching staff and more.

Good-Win! Sports Blog- P.J., first let me thank you for taking some time to talk to me. You just recently signed with MSU, can you  tell me about you're experience being recruited?
P.J. Hardwick- It was a great experience and it was actually a long process. It has its ups and downs, but I'm glad to be a Bulldawg.

G-W!SB- So were you always a Bulldog? Or were there any other schools in the mix?
PJH- Plenty of schools were in the mix, but I narrowed it down to my main three and made a decision. MSU, South Florida, and Texas A&M.

G-W!SB- What was the biggest factor in your decision to pick MSU?
PJH- I picked MSU because it was a family atmosphere, coaches were loyal and honest and I would have a opportunity to start as a freshman. The SEC is also a great conference for exposure.

G-W!SB- I'll get back to the exposure thing, but I have a question a lot of people would like to hear you answer. How did you feel when you heard that Coach Stansbury had  resigned? And did it make you rethink your signing with MSU?
PJH- I was shocked! Coach Stansbury and Coach Grant recruited me. And yes, it did make me rethink some more, but I'm a pretty loyal guy. I haven't heard from Coach Ray, but I plan to ASAP. Then I will make my final decision. (Note: PJ told me later that night that he spoke with Coach Ray.)

G-W!SB- Hmmm... That's interesting. You would think that Coach Ray would have contacted his possible starting point guard for next year. Especially if Josh Gray doesn't go to state next year. Speaking of Josh Gray, how close are you to the other signees?
PJH- I don't know (the other signees) personally, I just know them. But I am close with Josh (Gray).

G-W!SB- Did you watch or hear Coach Ray in his press conference?
PJH- I was working out, but my dad told me about it. I heard he said some positive things.

G-W!SB- He said he didn't know how to lose. You don't know how to lose either, right?
PJH- I'm a winner and a natural born leader. Even now I'm about to go workout.

(At this point in the interview Hardwick stopped to go workout. Everything prior to this was around 5 pm on 4/2/12. We resumed later at around 7 pm later that day.)

G-W!SB- You're close to Josh Gray, can you tell me what's probably going through his mind right now?
PJH- I'm not sure.

G-W!SB- That's okay. Earlier in this conversation, you said that the SEC was a great conference for exposure. With that kind of exposure, what does the world learn about P.J. Hardwick as a player next year?
PJH- The world will know the name P.J. Hardwick this time next year. Mark my words. Not only one of the best point guards in the conference, but in the country!

G-W!SB- Let's say with that excellent exposure you get drafted into the NBA. If you could pick a team to play for, who would it be and why?
PJH- Miami Heat because thats where I'm from.

G-W!SB- Yeah, I should have seen that one coming. Okay, two more quick questions.
1) You think we can do this again about this time next year? I want to hold you to your prediction.
PJH- Sure we can. I like to help others.

G-W!SB- Okay one more.
2) You gonna follow your boy here on twitter?
PJH- Haha I'll see what I can do.

G-W!SB- Okay P.J., I look forward to talking to you next year. Thanks for all your time!
PJH- No problem, my man! God bless.
______________________________________________________________
On a personal note, I would like to once again thank P.J. for his time. P.J. was truly a nice guy and made me feel like he sincerely appreciated my questions. I wish him the best wherever he ends up playing basketball.


No comments:

Post a Comment