Pages

Welcome!

The Good-Win! Sports Blog was created to cover local sports as well as to give a new and unique view on today's sports world. If you read something that you thought was interesting, share it on Facebook, Twitter, or another website so that someone else can read it too. Thanks for reading!



Saturday, April 14, 2012

One on One: Michael Roy

Friday night, JUCO point guard for John Woods Community College, Michael Roy, took time to sit down and talk to me about his basketball career, past, present and future. During the interview we discussed future college choices, his basketball skills and other interesting things.



If you can't watch the video or don't have time to, here are the high spots below. Otherwise, I highly recommend that you watch the interview. Thanks again to Michael for talking to me!

Good-Win! Sports Blog-Tell us about what sets your game apart from everyone else.
Michael Roy- I'm an all-around player. I work on all parts of my game from defense to offense.  But my main goal is to get my defense up on a high level so I can guard anyone that the other team puts in front of me. Since I'm short at 5'8", I think that working on that can make up for my height. By doing that, I can show people that I shouldn't be underrated like I am.

G-W!SB-  Can you tell us some schools that you feel you would be a good fit at?
MR- I feel like I would be a good fit at LSU, Northwestern (State University), and Nebraska. I've been watching those 3 schools since I was a kid, so I've always looked up to the players at those schools. I've always thought about those 3 schools like, "I want to be wearing that jersey right there". So I've set goals to play on a Division 1 or Division 2 level.

G-W!SB- Most people would see being 5'8" as a  disadvantage. Can you tell us why it's not a disadvantage?
MR- First off, I'm a physical guy, so don't think you can push me around on the court. So to get past my height, I just push myself harder. I motivate myself to work harder My strength, my speed, and my ability to guard make up for my height.



Here are Michael's highlights for his senior season in high school. If your interested in setting up an interview, contact me!

1 comment:

  1. you did a really good job on the interview with my little brother. this is really going to help him out a lot. thanks... Shavayne Roy (mike's brother)

    ReplyDelete